Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Oreo Pudding Cake & Freezing Temperatures

Brrr.. it's cold outside!
It was a brisk 3 degrees when I woke up this morning. Schools have been on a two hour delay for the past two days and I just received the call that they will be on a delay again tomorrow.
When it's this cold outside I prefer to stay indoors. Hubby and I have been walking each evening since October but we decided to skip last night because it's simply too cold. So instead of walking I have been curled up in a chair with my laptop surfing Pinterest.
There are so many neat ideas on there. Everything from decorating, cooking, crafting and so forth. I could spend forever looking around that place.
I found this cake recipe on there and decided to give it a try. I went to make it but quickly realized I didn't have all the ingredients needed. No problem though, I just substituted a box of vanilla and a box of chocolate pudding for the Oreo pudding and left out the Cool Whip. It was a hit with all the kiddos....hubby included!
You can find the recipe HERE at the The Country Cook.

I've also been browsing the internet for any new 2013 Block of the Month patterns. I've found a good many and listed a few of my favorites on my sidebar. Not sure that I will get around to making all of them but I'm definitely going to grab the patterns while they are free for the taking.

What are you working on? 
Any new projects or just trying to catch up on unfinished ones?

5 comments:

Patty Sumner said...

That just looks yummy! I love searching and checking out recipes...Still cannot give up my good ole recipes books...Good for your on the walking..Me and my hubby tried power Walk dvd last week...we laughed till we cried at each other...we have gotta get moving..just for good health..No projects here. I have been busy touching up and getting the house ready to sell. Blessings and stay warm!

Carmen S. said...

Looks delicious! I've been staying inside too, decided at the last minute to change my mind about the new job, lol, hours just were not worth it so after I lost a night of sleep over it I called to let them know. also what we were talking about on the phone the other day, we found out it "is" Afghanistan...UGH!

Unknown said...

I love Pinterest too, and it can be addictive for sure. I had made several things from there and all pretty good. Not much of a sewer, knitter or scrapbooker, so I guess my hobbies in the winter are mainly tv re-runs, computing, going to my granddaughters basketball games.

Unknown said...

Looks yummy...hope you are staying warm...that is some rather cold weather!
Hugs

Unknown said...

Hi. Just found your blog and joined today. The cake sounds delish!