Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas Creations

Here are a few gifts that I made for Christmas. I couldn't show them until after Christmas for fear that the gift recipients would read about them on my blog before actually receiving them on Christmas.
The pattern for the "If God brings you to it..." was found at Olde Time Stitchin but unfortunately they were closing their shop in December so not sure if you can even get that pattern anymore.
As for the middle stitchery, it is a Primitive Blessings pattern.

I love how the frames turned out. I picked up a few cheap wooden frames from the Dollar Tree and a not so cheap can of Rustoleum Textured Spray Paint ($7) from Walmart. 
I had never used textured paint before but I love the way it looks and will definitely be trying out some of the other colors. I'll just have to keep my eyes open for any paint sales.


These three stitcheries are what I have worked on since Christmas. I'm already thinking ahead to the Christmas 2013 season. 
Oh, and I also found some plain glass bulbs on sale after Christmas that I can't wait to use to make the snowman bulbs that Leah from Livin' It Up Country posted about HERE. They are so CUTE!

My oldest son has also worked the last few months on a Christmas project but I'll save & share that for my next post.
Have a great weekend and Stay Warm!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Great stitcheries and patterns you used!

annie said...

very nice indeed!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Beautiful stitching! The frames are so pretty. I bet whoever received them as gifts just loved them!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Great stitching finishes! You do wonderful embroidery...love the little pillow you gave me a few years ago. Your stitches are so perfect :)

Unknown said...

Nice work!

black bear cabin said...

such lovely gifts, im sure the recipients loved them :) i also love that snowman link..thanks for sharing! looking forward to see what project your son is up to :)
cheers~

Leah said...

Beautiful work! - and already working on 2013 wow - good for you! Thanks for sending folks over to my blog - those ornaments are so easy and fun! Happy New Years to you!

Carmen S. said...

Your stitch work is amazing, love them all! I'll have to look for that paint, I bet you could do alot with that!