Monday, February 11, 2013

Any Kindness or Good I Can Do

Wow, I can't believe it's been a week since I last posted. I've been on the computer here and there but not for any great amount of time. Instead I've been working on a few projects and continuing to practice on my dulcimer. Other than that, it's been a birthday week as my Dad calls it. His birthday was on Friday so Katie and I had lunch with him and I later that evening I took him over an apple pie that I had baked.
Then on Sunday evening, the whole family gathered and we celebrated his birthday with his favorite Oatmeal Cake and a yummy ice cream dessert (below) that I'll tell you about a little later.

See why it's called a birthday week. It's the birthday that gets celebrated a few times in that week...and by the way it was a milestone birthday for him....he's 60! 

One of the projects that I've been working on is pictured at the very top of this post. I saw the saying a good while back somewhere??? and jotted it down.
So last week, I needed a new stitchery to work on so I picked a font, typed it up and printed it out, traced it onto my fabric and began stitching. Once done I stitched it onto a piece of burlap and placed it in a black frame.
You know, words are not my favorite thing to stitch but I do like way this turned out. Do you see how wrinkled that fabric is? Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? 
I have ironed it, with steam, MANY TIMES and as soon as the fabric cools it goes right back to being wrinkly.


Well I'm off to get started on our schooling so I'll catch up with you all a little later.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've seen this saying just recently and it really has true meaning. I love how you mounted it. I'm afraid I'm at a loss with the wrinkles. If you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have noticed. Your father is still a young man...I have some years on him though!Lol! Take care...
Hugs,
Loretta

Carmen S. said...

The Birthday week sounds like alot of fun and those treats you made look so yummy! Not sure why your fabric would be doing that but I love the saying:) Hope you have a wonderful day!

annie said...

Hope he has many more great ones to come. Not up on a lot of stitching, but thinking maybe your tension is too tight, and is causing the puckers. It might be like hand sewing too, where you need to release and let the needle drop so the thread tension uncurls itself. Then pick the needle back up, and go on. That usually helps me. You probably could run a search online to a stitching forum and find out. Just a thought!