Saturday, February 15, 2014

Cozy Cabin & Quilt Shop Goodies

Here is my February block all finished. It's called Cozy Cabin and the pattern can be found HERE at Quilt Doodle Designs. Remember the pattern is free only for the month of February and then when Cindy releases the new March block you will have to purchase it in her Craftsy site.
I'm really enjoying working on this quilt. I had a bit of trouble getting my seams to match up on this block. My seam allowance was off by just a hair thanks to the ruler that I was using but I made it work in the end.
I made a trip to my favorite local quilt shop the other day and came home with a few goodies.
I loved the little sheep and snowmen so I had to get them as well as a few coordinating pieces to go along. Not sure what I will make with them but I know I will use them on something pretty.
I also couldn't pass up this red and gray piece. It's a cross between a red and coral and I love it. The two greens are for the quilt that I am working on now.
That's about all that is new in my world. It's been the same ol'....just cold and snowy.
We awoke this morning to several more inches of snow once again. But they say a warm-up is coming.
I love winter but at this point I am more than ready for SpRiNg!

2 comments:

Carmen S. said...

OH this winter is just HORRID!!! Just to see the sun for a full day would be great! Love your fabrics and the block, so pretty, I like the snowman fabric the best *giggles* Spring HAS to come, right???

Hopes Handcrafts said...

oh those fabrics are just lovely, I particularly like the green ones! Your Feb block looks great - love the starry prints used for the sky.