Tuesday, April 7, 2015

My Lil' Potato Patch

                                                                                        
                          
                           Garden from several years ago
When the kids were much smaller and before we bought our pool I had a nice big garden in my back yard. Big enough to put some potatoes and corn plus all the usual veggies. 

I lost that space when we put the pool in and I had to downsize my garden which meant potatoes and corn were scratched from my growing list. 
                                        2015 Potato Patch
This year I was able to talk my dad into letting my put a little potato patch in at his house, which is just across the road from my house. So here it is, all tilled up. The potatoes are planted, now we just wait and watch them grow. It's the first time that anything has been planted there so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will do well. 
                                       2015 backyard garden
In my own back yard the garden is also tilled up and ready to go. A big thanks goes out to my 2 best friends Misty & Sam who so kindly brought their tractor in one day and helped to get both gardens plowed. So far the only things planted in my back yard garden are onions and as of today they are starting to peek through the dirt. There isn't enough room for corn but I'll be planting plenty of tomatoes, peppers, zucchini and maybe some Kale.

Has the weather been nice enough in your neck of the woods to begin the gardening season?


2 comments:

annie said...

Hope you get a great crop from both plots! Good for you! So great to have friends who help!

black bear cabin said...

looks like you are off to a great start for your garden...and im glad your dad donated some space :) folks love gardens...they just dont always know how to start one...so well done!
hugs and hope all is well with you and the family!