Sunday, January 17, 2016

Block 1 - Quilt Doodles 2016 BOM

I finally finished the first blocks of Cindy's 2016 Quilt BOM. It takes me a little while because I do it by hand rather than machine stitch. 
I love how they turned out. I used scraps from my scrap basket and bought the white sparkly antler fabric at JoAnn's. (You can't see the sparkles in this photo but trust me they are there.) It makes them look snowy.
I also finished another BOM project but I'm gonna sew a border around it before I show it.
Last weeks 5 inch snowfall melted quickly as the temperatures warmed up these past few days however the cold air is returning today and the snow flakes are back again. No major amount predicted just bitterly cold.

Well I'm off to spend some "ME" time doing absolutely NOTHING other than maybe some TV time. Enjoy your weekend.

2 comments:

Carmen S. said...

So glad I decided to stop into blogland, you got quite a bit of snow! We got about 4 inches today, ended up taking Tyler to a birthday party and slid some of the way home! Those deer are just adorable, such talent! Stay warm!!!

Quilt Doodle Designs said...

I love how your reindeer blocks turned out! So cute!!