Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Homemade Tastes So Much Better ~ Waffles


Goodbye Eggo and Hello Homemade!

This was my first time of ever making homemade waffles and boy were they good.
Homemade Vanilla Waffles
3 tbsp. melted butter or oil
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Place flour in a bowl.
Make a well in the center of the flour and add the rest of the ingredients.
Stir well with a whisk.
Cook waffles according to your waffle maker.
Mine called for 1/3 cup of batter for each waffle.
I also added a dash of cinnamon to my batter but there are many different flavors and fruits you could add to this recipe.
Just expiriment and ENJOY!

Anytime I make pancakes I always freeze the leftovers so the kids have a supply to just heat and eat. The same now applies for these waffles.
( Just place wax paper between waffles and seal in a ziploc container & freeze.)

I have made this breakfast treat twice this week for dinner (a definite family favorite) so I have a good many leftovers stocked in the freezer now. I made double batches both times to ensure that I had plenty for freezing. When the kids want them for an early morning breakfast they just pop them in the toaster and sit down to eat.

I don't think I will ever buy another frozen box of waffles from the store again. There is no comparison in taste or price.

Homemade WINS on both!
**Sorry this post's spacing is so jumbled up. I have tried to fix it numerous times and it just won't work. This has happened in the past and it always seems to fix itself later. Must just be a blog glitch of some sort.**

6 comments:

Carmen S. said...

I bet those are awesome compared to the eggos, will have to try them! I think when I go to the Dr. appt. I will get hubby's cane from the attic from when he had his hip done, then he will SEE that I need help and FAST,lol!!!! The worst part is now I have all this free time on my hands and I can't do anything:( Stay warm!

Granny Sue said...

I've been making homemade waffles for a long time, Jessica, but my recipe includes sugar. I'd like to try yours without the sugar.

I've added all sorts of things to mine, blueberries and walnuts, apples, etc. So good! Thank you for sharing your recipe. Gotta get the waffle iron out again!

nabibiddi said...

Just found your lovely blog :-)
Can't wait for a minute to read trough it!

Blessings,
Nabi

Andora said...

I love homemade waffles..I add some pecans sometimes to make them like waffle house's waffles...yours looks so good..I guess I'll go have some breakfast now,you have made me hungry..lol...

Sandra said...

We love waffles. My husband and oldest daughter like cool whip and strawberries on theirs. I have had trouble finding a waffle iron that cooks fast though. There are 7 of us and I only have one iron. I have bought others, but this one will cook 3 to their one. Does yours cook fast? The one I use I bought at a yard sale and I have looked all over online and can't find another one.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Oh boy Jessica, you have a winner there, especially with the Eggo shortage! And so much better than the store ones, too...I love that "pop in the toaster" idea...