Monday, April 19, 2010

Crockpot Beef & Stuffing Rolls

Ugh!
It's Monday and back to work and school. The weekends just never last long enough.
No sense in crying over it though..might as well dig in and get the week started. The quicker we begin it the quicker the weekend will be here again.
Here is a good recipe for a lazy Monday. Just get it ready and then let it cook the day away in the crockpot.

               Crock Pot Beef & Stuffing Rolls
                 
        4 lbs. round steak or cube steak
                   1 box stuffing mix
 2 (10 3/4 oz.) cans cream of mushroom soup
              1 1/2 cups warm water

Mix stuffing mix with amount of water that is listed on the side of the box and then set aside.
Pound round steak thin and then lay flat.
( or place cube steaks flat)
Place enough stuffing on each steak to cover the top of it.
Roll each steak up and then fasten together with a toothpick.
I like to cut my rolls in half but you don't have to.
*If you do though, you will need to use more toothpicks to hold them together.*
Place rolls in a greased crockpot.
In a bowl, combine the soup and 1 1/2 cups water.
Pour this mixture over the beef and cover with a lid.
Cook on high for 6-7 hours.

Whip up some mashed potatoes and a veggie and you have a quick easy meal.
Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the finished meal. I'll have to remember and get a picture the next time I make it!
Enjoy your Monday!

3 comments:

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

Gosh that looks good, even raw!!! I need to use my crockpot more than I do and that recipe is a good one to start with for sure!

Mary Bergfeld said...

I found your blog by chance, but will be back more often. I planned only to say hello but started reading other of your posts and stayed far longer than I intended. Your rolls look delicious and when delicious meets easy I'm "Johnny on the Spot". I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

The Wife said...

I am always looking for recipes for cube or round steak. I have a freezer full. Thanks!