Monday, December 7, 2009

Tea Tassies


Here is yet another of our favorite cookies without a photo to show.
(I'll be posting a picture soon!)
If you are like me then you want to see what they look like before you try something new. No sense in wasting the time to make something if it looks bad from the start! :)
Well, I can tell you these little babies are yummy!
They are like little nut cups and when you bite into them the syrupy nut filling oozes from them.
A little more hassle than a drop cookie but so worth it.


Tea Tassies

2 cups flour
10 2/3 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup sugar
6 oz. cream cheese
4 eggs
2 cups chopped walnuts
2 cups brown sugar
4 tsp. butter
2 tsp. vanilla
1 pinch salt


Blend flour, 10 2/3 tsp. butter, 1/2 cup sugar and cream cheese.
Take about a tsp. or a little more of the dough and roll it into a ball.
Place in a tart tin and mold it up the sides of each cup.
Set aside.
In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
Remove from heat and add eggs, chopped nuts, brown sugar, vanilla and salt.
Now fill each dough-lined tart cup about 3/4 of the way full with the nut filling.
Bake at 350° till filling is well set and crust is brown.


*I don't have an exact time to tell you. I just always check them to see if the nut filling has formed a crust like topping and the dough edges have browned.*
Once cooled they will look like mini pecan pies but when you bite into them they will have a gooey nut filling.

Hope you Enjoy!

7 comments:

Jblover109Woozworld said...

I have never heard of these cookies but they do sound good!! Look forward to seeing them.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Anything with walnuts is a big winner in my book, and if oozing syrup is involved, count me in!!!

Anonymous said...

These are new to me, thanks so much for sharing such super recipes with us!

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

i think i have eaten these before! thanks for the recipe, always wanted it!

Sandra said...

I've never made those but they sound very good. My pecan lovers would like them, no doubt.

Buttercup said...

Sounds fabulous. Your recipes make me want to put on an apron and start baking.

Anonymous said...

I've made these tassies for over 45 yrs. but I use pecans instead of walnuts. I need to make some again this year. :):)