Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin


Pork is soooo plain.
Or at least it is to me.
But here is a new marinade that I made today and it was pretty tasty. My youngest son who rarely eats meat actually chowed down on this and said, " Wow, this is pretty good."
That says something!
This one is going straight to my recipe file as a keeper.

Before I get started let me tell you first that this is made with soy sauce which makes the sauce very salty. I used the drippings to make a thin sauce to pour lightly over the meat. I did not make it with the intentions to use as a gravy to smother everything with.
That would spell sodium OVERDOSE.


Teriyaki Pork Loin

1 lb. pork loin
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp. ketchup

Place pork loin in a ziploc bag.
Mix soy sauce, sugar & ketchup in small bowl.
Pour mixture into the bag with the pork loin.
Let set in the refrigerator overnight.

Now you can cook this however you choose whether it be baked, boiled or roasted. I took mine and browned it on all sides in a hot pan with just a splash of olive oil.
Once browned I added a bit of water and scraped the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to get all the good stuff off of the bottom.
I then added the leftover marinade to my pan with the pork.
I added more water * enough to cover the roast * and let it simmer on top of the stove all day.
As the water boiled down I just added more water.
In the end I had a well cooked roast with lots of flavor and enough drippings to make a thin sauce to drizzle over the top.
Add some mashed potatoes, green beans and Hawaiin dinner rolls and we are now quite stuffed.
I'll share the roll recipe with you later. They were pretty darn good!

Hope you all are staying warm and enjoying your evening!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm writing this one down. We LOVE teriakyi so I know this has to be good. Pork tenderloin tastes bland to me too, but I like it with my mustard sauce.

Unknown said...

I do this exact same sauce, and I love it. Its soo good Sometimes I get creative and toss in whatever I'm feeling that day. A great base sauce!

Leah said...

I will have to try this pork recipe... I grew up on a pork farm -- and my dad would say if you have to put anything on it it isn't good pork -- so I would have to say if it doesn't have good taste it didn't come from a farm like my dads! Thanks for the wonderful recipes!