Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Toffee Biscotti and a Morning Latte

Yesterday I finished 4 of the stitcheries that I have been working on all month so I can mark that off my list.
However, there is still plenty of baking to be done, presents to be wrapped, one more gift to be purchased, cleaning and we still have several more days of school lessons to finish before we can officially be "off" for Christmas.
So much to do and so few days left till Christmas.

Ah...the joy of Christmas! :)


Before I start my day I thought I'd see what all of you have been up to and share this recipe that I found. I have made Biscotti before in flavors of chocolate, almond and so forth but this one now tops my list. One of my favorite candies is Heath bar and this recipe uses a whole bag of the bits. Yummo!


Butter Brickle Biscotti
(Heath Bar Biscotti)

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 pkg. (7-8 oz.) Heath toffee bits

Cream butter and sugars till fluffy.
Add eggs & vanilla and mix well.
In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
Gradually add this to creamed mixture & mix well.
Stir in toffee bits.
Divide dough in half.
On a greased cookie sheet, shape each dough portion into a 10 X 3" rectangle.
Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1/2 an hour.
Remove plastic wrap and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes.
Let cool for 10-15 minutes and then cut it in 1/2 " slices.
Place these slices on another cookie sheet, cut side down.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Flip slices over and bake another 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Store in an airtight container.

1 comment:

Carmen S. said...

Those sound really good, I love toffee and wish I had a little less dental work so I could love it even more;) I bet they smell wonderful while they are baking!!!