Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sweet Loaves

Here are two yummy sweet bread recipes that I love to make!
This is my kind of breakfast!!!
My Grandmother always made the Apple Bread around Christmas time and I loved it. It's a good bread to make and give as a gift and wonderful to slice and smother with warm butter on Christmas morning. I like to use the Banana Recipe anytime I have really ripe bananas that need to be used up.
Apple Bread
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
Mix these four ingredients in a small bowl & set aside.
4 cups diced apples
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
2 tsp. vanilla
Mix these in a seperate bowl and then add contents of first bowl & stir well.
Bake in greased loaf pans for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
******************
Cream Cheese Banana Bread
8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 cup mashed banana
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup nuts
(I add 1 1/2 tbsp. flax seed) optional
Mix cream cheese, sugar & butter well.
Blend in banana & egg.
Add the rest of the ingredients & mix till just moistened.
Place batter in greased loaf pan.
Bake 1 hour 1o inutes at 350 degrees.
Cool 5 minutes & remove from pan.

No comments: