Monday, December 1, 2008

Oven Roasted Veggie Pot Pies

My Dad is a vegetarian so this is the recipe that I use when I make pot pies for him. However, you can add any meat (chicken, beef, turkey, pork) or Morningstar Farms Beef or Chicken Strips to this as well. If you have the time a homemade pie crust is much better than the store bought version that I used today. My Mom FORCED me to go shopping with her so I didn't have the time today. (Hehe...not really...I did go shopping with her but she really didn't have to twist my arm at all to get me to go!)
OVEN ROASTED VEGGIE POT PIES
(Makes 2 pies)
4 Pie Crusts (2 tops & 2 bottoms)
10 cups Oven Roasted Veggies (Recipe posted on Nov. 30, 2008)
You could cut down on the amount of veggies if using meat!
10.75 oz. can of cream of potato soup
10.75 oz. can of cream of celery soup
3 cups milk
Place soups in a large pan and add milk.
Whisk till blended well.
Add the veggies (& meat, if using any). Simmer till veggies are warm.
If you cook it too long the gravy will get too thick. If so, then add a little more milk.
Place bottom crust in greased pie pans.
Spoon veggies into pie crusts and then place top crust on.
Seal edges and bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

No comments: