Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Teaching Supplies for a $1.00


I visit the Dollar Tree in our town quite often. Everything there is a dollar or under. You can find many, many items but I always go in search of teaching supplies. We just started homeschooling this year & you would be amazed in the cost of supplies that you could get wrapped up in if you weren't careful. (There are books, workbooks, art, crafts, science supplies & so many others.)
I try to keep focused on just the things that will really benefit us in an attempt to keep costs down. I have found many wonderful workbooks for both of my kids on all subjects at the Dollar Tree Store. These make for great "extras" that tie in with many of our lessons. All for a buck!
Some other great items I've gotten from there are flashcards, educational posters & maps, teacher lesson plan books, science books, craft supplies, games & of course your typical pens, pencils & so forth. The picture above is just a small sampling of my typical finds when I go.

If you homeschool & have a Dollar Tree nearby then I would highly recommend visiting it. Even if you don't homeschool, maybe your child could just use some extra practice at home, then this is a great inexpensive place to start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a delightful blog!

Stacey said...

I totally agree! The Dollar Tree is a teacher's best friend. As a former full time teacher and now substitute teacher, praying to be full time again, this store is so perfect. I really should own stock in the company for the many of hundreds of dollars I have spent there. :)

How wonderful you homeschool. What a great teacher your children have. :)

Hugs and blessings,
Stacey