Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Seasoned Pork Bites Plus an Idea for a Vegetarian Version


This is what we had last night for dinner. The pork was quick to make and flavorful. I just tossed the seasonings in here and there and tasted as I went and it turned out really nice. I could have left some of the liquid in the pan to make a saucy gravy and poured the pork and sauce over the rice but I didn't. Maybe I'll try that the next time.


Seasoned Pork Bites


1 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
4 pork cube steaks, cut into strips or bite size pieces
1/2 tsp. minced garlic or 1 fresh clove, chopped/minced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce

In saucepan, saute onion & pepper in oil.
Add pork and let brown on all sides.
Add garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, pepper, salt and Worcestershire.
Add water as this cooks down so it doesn't burn.
Let simmer till meat is thoroughly cooked and serve.
PENNIWIG:) Sometime I will make a vegetarian version of this for my Dad and when I do I will do everything the same except use the Morningstar Farms Chicken strips or whatever they are called.

3 comments:

Carmen S. said...

That looks great, and I never thought of mixing corn with green beans, it looks good:)Hope you're having a lovely day:)

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Well bless yer heart for including this hungry olde vegetarian!!!

I tell you, reading your blog is about to make me jump right off the vegetarian wagon!!! I do love meat!

LOL...you have also given me an idea! I am going to go back thru your recipes and try them with the various "fake meats" in the place of real meat.

Buttercup said...

Looks yummy and thanks for suggesting the veggie version. What a delicious and easy to do dinner.