Monday, September 21, 2009

Long Day for a Little Girl


Sunday morning started off pretty good.
We all slept in, catching up on some much needed rest.
I made breakfast for everyone then we headed outdoors.
Katie wanted to play on the swingset. She was swinging away & decided she would try to jump off mid-swing just like her older brother does. Needless to say, it didn't work out the way that she had planned.

She ended up face-down with a bloody nose and a hurt arm. We ended up in the ER where they told me she had fractured both bones in her arm near where it joins the wrist. They placed her in a temporary splint till she sees the orthopedic surgeon sometime today to have a cast put on.
She did alright with it all day but by evening she began to complain of it hurting.
Bath time was NOT fun but once it was over I gave her some ibuprofen and she crawled up on the couch and fell asleep. She had a pretty restless nights worth of sleep so she's back on the couch now.

I know it's Monday but I sure hope today turns out to be a better day than yesterday.




6 comments:

Carmen S. said...

Aww, poor Katie, that must be so painful and uncomfortable for her, I hope it heals quickly for her, sending ((BIG HUGS)) her way!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Oh no, broken bones are no fun at all! The poor thing. Just playing and then WHAM, that's no fair! Hope the doctor gives her something to help her rest.

West Side of Straight said...

Oh I feel for you Katie - been there, done that same thing to my arm/wrist many years ago. It will heal. Hang in there. No sticking pencils into the cast to scratch either! Good luck.

Nancy M. said...

Oh, poor baby! I'm sorry she got hurt and I hope it heals up real fast!

Cheryl said...

Oh no, bless her heart and yours for sure. Hubby did the same thing when he was 9, broke both arms.

Keep us updated.

Steph said...

Hope she gets better soon!