Monday, March 8, 2010

SUNSHINE & Sausage, Egg & Cheese Biscuits


We finally have SUNSHINE!

This weekend was great. The sun shined bright and the temperature was in the 40's.

A much needed reprieve from all the winter blahs. Saturday was spent outside cleaning out our vehicles, a job that was much needed. After getting them all cleaned and swept out I headed to the car wash for what seemed like a never-ending wait in line. That place was packed! I guess we all had the same idea.
It was also a great day to hang laundry up outside to dry and to grill out for supper. Later in the evening I sat down and finished the pillow for my giveaway that ends this Saturday as well as another stitchery that I have been working on. While I sewed I watched another great movie on the Hallmark. It was called "Uncorked". It was really good and I believe it plays a few more times this month. Definitely worth watching!

Sunday was spent catching up and getting things done around the house before we all headed back to school and work. After a busy day I needed something quick for supper so I whipped up these basic biscuits and had sausage, egg & cheese biscuits as well as some hashbrowns. I prefer to use the larger size sausage patties for these but they are so expensive to buy that way (preshaped) so I just used 2 rolls of Bob Evans sausage and shaped them into large patties myself. Add some egg and a slice of cheese and you've got a quick simple supper or breakfast!


Quick & Simple Biscuits

2 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cups Crisco
3/4 cup milk

Preheat oven to 425°.
Place flour, baking powder & salt in a bowl and mix well.
Add Crisco to flour and use a fork or pastry blender to blend.
Add milk.
Mix it enough so that the dough will hold together.
(I just used my hands for this step.)
Place dough on counter and knead it about 10 times.
Roll dough to about 1/2 inch thickness.
Use a biscuit cutter or drinking glass to cut circles.
Place on a greased baking sheet and bake 12-15 minutes or till browned.


Well we are off to get busy on school so that we can get it done and get outside to enjoy another day of sunshine. I'll be back later to catch up with all of you. Hope you enjoy your day!

2 comments:

Carmen S. said...

Your weather sounds just like ours and I'm loving it! I went thru the car was last friday and was so glad to get all that salt off:) Those biscuits look delicious, will have to try them!!! Can't wait to hang my sheets out, I sleep so good on fresh air dried sheets:)

Anonymous said...

The weather is so awesomme isn't it! Yippee =)
I was just thinking..your kids will never leave home..you serve such delicious meals! Great stategy, wish I could have pulled that off, I am one terrible cook. ;D
Thanks Jess for leaving the comment in my blog, you're a peach!!!!