Friday, July 23, 2010

Chuck E. Cheese & Sarris Chocolates


On Thursday, we (Mom & I) packed the kids up and headed to PA.
You see, Mom had a week of vacation about a month ago and had promised all of the grandkids that she would take them to Chuck E. Cheese.
However, as she was driving home from her last day of work she hit a big old pothole in the road. Within minutes she had a terrible headache and then started having chest and arm pain a bit later.
Our thought....Heart Attack????
Well, she truly didn't think it was that so she opted to rest a bit. By the next day she was in so much pain that I took her to the ER. They told her that she had messed up a few discs in her back and sent her home loaded up on pain meds and an anti-inflammatory. Needless to say she didn't do anything but lay around in misery that week. (Bummer of a Vacation)
So, fast forward now through the past month with a little bit of physical therapy and she is doing much better.
Good enough to take the kids on their promised fun day so we headed to Chuck E. Cheese for pizza and games. On our way back home we always stop in at the SARRIS CHOCOLATE FACTORY in Canonsburg, PA. They have this huge chocolate castle (pictured above) as well as this Candy Castle scenery that is painted on the ceiling.

This place is all decked out in red and white stripes. It has candy tucked away in every little nook and cranny  and it's even got an old fashioned ice cream shop. 


Here we are standing out front of the store.
But wait!
Where is my Mom?
Oh, here she is.

Gottcha Mom!

Hope everyone can stay cool in this nasty heat and have a great weekend!
ALSO
I'll be posting a GIVEAWAY in the near future so be sure to check back in.

10 comments:

Carmen S. said...

So glad to hear your mom is ok now! OH that castle:D if I could get my hands on that, LOL, I would be in BIG trouble;)

Jill said...

Glad to hear your Mom is feeling better! My girls like Chuck E cheese too. :-} Was that a big chocolate cake in your first photo? I was showing my girls, they are in chocolate heaven! LOL Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend!
Blessings, Jill

Country Whispers said...

Jill...
That whole castle is made of nothing but chocolate. Sarris is a chocolate factory that makes and sells wonderful tasting candies. They are a great company to use for school fundraising too! The best chocolate that a $1 will buy.
My favorites are the chocolate covered pretzels!

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

Gosh, your poor mom!!! Your family has had such bad luck with potholes, didn't your car get wrecked into by someone who hit that pothole that used to be by your house? And now your mom!!! Potholes are terrible!

The candy shop is FABULOUS. I want to work there!!!!

Jill said...

Oh wow, that looks so yummy! All chocolate that's awesome!! We love chcolate covered pretzels too! :-}
Have a good night!ha

Anita said...

Hi Jessica, Just awful for your Mum to get into so much pain. Glad to hear she is getting better. I love the photo's of your family...and..well.. excuse my ignorance, but I have never heard of Chuck E Cheese. I'm over in Australia, bit behind the times I'm afraid. Hope the gang had a lovely time. Kind regards, Anita.

Farmchick said...

Wow..that looks fun and yummy! So glad your mom is feeling better...no fun to be in pain. Stop in for a visit soon. :)

Country Whispers said...

Holly...
Yes, it's been a horrible year for potholes here WV and that is my Mom's ultimate dream job too!
~To work in a candy factory~

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Glad your Mom is doing better. What a wonderful place to visit!!!
Great looking family :)

gtyyup said...

Your summer looks like fun!! Look how the kids have grown...guilty that I don't visit as often as I'd like.

I've got to go check out the bags you've got listed!!