Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I Think We Are Just About Ready


One more day and I think we've got almost everything ready now. My SIL and I have a big yardsale each year but this year I thought that it was going to be smaller than usual.
I was wrong!
We had seven tables set up and still needed more room so I borrowed two more tables. We filled those up pretty quick and could probably use another table or two but we are out of space to set anymore up.
It's supposed to be nice both days of our sale so we'll just set some of the bigger things out on the ground.
I'm not sure why or how we accumulate so much extra stuff each year but it sure is nice to be able to get rid of the NO LONGER NEEDED items and make a little extra cash while we are at it.
Though, whatever I make will probably go back in to pay for those cars that the kids are playing with in the above picture or the Pogo Stick that they had to have out of there the other night as well as a few other odd and end treasures that they found. Not complaining though, because that's much cheaper than taking them through the toy aisle at the store.

Now just for fun, let me know what you go looking for at a yardsale. What is the one thing that is at the top of your list to find?
Is it antiques, glassware, crafty items, books, toys, clothing or what??

8 comments:

Carmen S. said...

Oh my gosh your tables look so neat and organized! I don't go to yard sales anymore unless they advertise......ANTIQUES;)Of course when my son was little we used to go to find toys, LOL! Maybe someday I will do that again for a grandchild;)Good luck and hope you sell alot!!!

Cheryl said...

Weee, to bad you don't live near me. Good Luck!!

We love clocks and have a wonderful guy that does our repairs. So we have to look for them 1st and then it's any thing old.

Jill said...

Good luck on your yard sale we have at least 2 a year and it's amazing how much we accumulate! LOL
Blessings,
Jill

Granny Sue said...

My top look-for items at yard sales are vintage items: kitchen stuff, linens, dishes. Tools come a close second :)

Little Messy Missy said...

Old watches and garden items!!

Buttercup said...

Antiques are probably a little too fancy for what I look for, but vintage covers it. I like dishes and linens and have made some fun finds. Hope your sale goes well!

Barbara said...

Oh yeah I am right there with you, I always find some treasure at a yard sale, and have to bring it home and store with all my othr stuff, giggles I have enjoyed blog, hugs and blessings, Barbara

Nancy M. said...

I hope it was a success!