Friday, November 26, 2010

I'm Slowly Getting Used to It

Look at this color!
Is it a coral, spiced pumpkin or baby barf color?
I'm not sure myself.
We remodeled this bathroom about 9 years ago and I picked out the cinnamon colored wallpaper for the top. The bottom is beadboard that we put in and then painted a shade of cream. I loved the combination of the two but after nine years the beadboard definitely needed repainted.
I thought I'd try to go with a bit more color and something that would hopefully hide dirt and the smudge marks of little people hands.
This is not what I envisioned but it's on and is going to stay for now.
I painted the doors an espresso brown so that they matched the other interior doors in the house. It sure made the room darker but in a way kinda cozy.
The colors are still growing on me. The more I look at it the more I like it.  ** I guess**

I do know that I won't be painting anytime soon. I've had my share of it this week & it's definitely not something that I enjoy doing.

What I do enjoy doing is this.
I dug my crochet hook out and made a few of these dishcloths the other night. I'm also working on a Christmas doily that should be finished soon and then I need to work on that grey afghan that I started on last winter.

Hope you all had a great turkey day yesterday.
Everyone here did!
I think it's safe to say that we all ate way too much food, not only yesterday but again today. After feasting on all that food I just wanted to take a nap.
You know, the turkey induced nap that hits shortly after cleaning up the kitchen dishes.
I didn't but my eyes are getting pretty heavy at the moment so it won't be long. I think I'll go get into my pj's and crochet a bit before I fall off to sleep.
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Carmen C. said...

I think it looks fine, and I love the color of the dishcloth:)We had a nice Thanksgiving too, but this *sharing* my son with another woman when I hardly see him as it is, sure takes some getting used too...why do they have to grow up??? LOL!!!

Trish-Ladybug said...

Love your dishcloth,color,is great
too,crocheting is not one of the
needle works I do My whole family does, I more into sewing and stitching,working with wood, However I love painting is my passion anything Re-Do's...

Warm Winter Blessings
Hugs..

Aliene said...

Don't you just love to crochet dish clothes? They go so fast. I have made several to go into Christmas packages. What stitch are yo using on yours?

Mel said...

I like that pumpkin color myself, we renovated an old dairy barn and this is the color of our entry way (old bulk tank room).

I was wondering also on what stitch you used for the dishcloth...

Blessings,
Mel