Monday, February 14, 2011

Birthdays & Valentines


Anyone have *big* plans for today?
Maybe a dinner date at a nice restaurant, or a sweet card and a box of chocolates?

Nothing fancy planned here.
Actually, you couldn't pay me enough money to go out to a restaurant tonight! Around here they'll all be jam packed with people waiting in long lines that begin way outside the doors.
Been there~ done that and to me it's simply not worth the wait.
So for our Valentine's we'll be enjoying some strip steaks baked in the oven (it's cold & rainy outside and I don't want to stand in the rain to grill them) with some baked potatoes and a veggie.
                        Dessert ~ Chocolate, of course!


This weekend flew right by me!
Friday - Monster Trucks at Wheeling Civic Center

Saturday - Shopping for a new cell phone plan for the whole family. This is something that we have needed to do for a good while since we lose service quite often with our old provider. However, it's just so expensive and confusing to me that I just kept putting it off. I'm not one of those that has to have the latest of everything and so I'm usually one of the last to catch on when it comes to the new tech stuff like fancy phones and IPods.
You know,it's pretty bad when your 11 year old son has to explain how to work all the features on your new cell phone!

Sunday - We celebrated Logan's 15th birthday with pizza, cake and presents. Yikes! I can't believe my baby is old enough to begin driving.
Today it's back to the old grind.
~Schooling
~Laundry (which I did manage to get 3 loads outside to dry on the line before the temperature dropped and the rain began...can't wait for spring!
~Cooking
Hoping to get some time a little later to just sit and sew a bit while watching tv.
Hope you all are having a fabulous Valentine's Day!

9 comments:

Ladybug said...

Happy Valentines Jessica
I'm with you a Simple Dinner at
home...Warm and cozy...
Dinner looks awesome we'll be over
:-) ...
Enjoy the evening....

Warm Blessings
Trish...

Carmen S. said...

Happy Birthday to Logan and Happy Valentine's day to you! We went out to dinner yesterday so nothing big today, although I went out to breakfast with a friend, we had the blueberry cream hotcakes at bob evans...OH MY! We are warming up just a tad here and the snow is starting to melt:D I bet Logan is just counting the days now until he is driving!!!

Angela said...

I'm with you there on the not going out to eat tonight! Been there done that and don't care to do that again! Especially since we would have to take the kids with us. I didn't get to do a nice homemade dinner tonight either because I was running errands and at my son's school party all day. No time to cook a nice meal when I got home so I'll do that tomorrow.

Happy Birthday to your son! I just had a birthday too. It does make it rough when your birthday is that close to a holiday as big as Valentine's Day! lol

*´¨)
¸.*´¸.**´¨) ¸.**´¨)
(¸.*´ (¸.*´* Happy Valentine's Day*

Aliene said...

Wasn't a special day as my husband just got home from the hospital. But he said we would catch up. Like you, I'd rather not go to them crowded places to eat.

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Happy Valentines Day Too!
Happy Birthday Logan!
Hope you both enjoyed your day
Nothing special going on here either ~ honey just cooked some steaks on the grill ~YUM
Prim Blessings! Robin

Sandra said...

You couldn't pay me to go out either! I hate long lines and croweded places!

Christine said...

Hi Jessica, that steak supper looked so good! Hubby and I had spaghetti and meatballs and a great salad at home last night. Another milestone with Logan old enough to drive now! Watch out you might be finding a few more gray hairs!!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

A quiet dinner at home for us too. Going out is too much of a hassle, besides we have to drive 50 miles to get to a really good restaurant. So, we grilled strip steaks, and had them with baked potatoes and Spring salad with grapefruit and glazed walnuts. :)

Nancy M. said...

Your Valentine's dinners sounded awesome! Monster trucks looked fun too! It's been way too long since I've been to one of those. Happy Birthday to Logan! They do grow too fast!