Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Our Home Away from Home

Here are a few photos of where we stayed while on our three day field trip.
The girls all shared this house. It was nice and roomy with  5 big bedrooms, each containing 3-4 beds.
The boys got the cabins which were located directly to the right of the house. I never made it inside any of the cabins to see what they were like but my son said that we girls lucked out. The house was much nicer than the cabins.
                                 (Click on pictures to enlarge)
Just about a mile down the road was the Smoke Hole Restaurant which is where we went each night for dinner. 
The weather was nice so we ate outdoors on the open patio and afterwards the kids roamed the property where there were swings, fishing ponds, gift shops and a few wooden bridges that you could walk across a little stream on. At one point I looked up to see my son and a few others across that bridge visiting a few horses that had wondered through.
These cabins are also located in the same area as the resaurant and they are where me and hubby honeymooned almost 17 years ago.
The tourist business must be thriving in this area because this place has definitey expanded over the last 17 years. They have made it a beautiful place to honeymoon or just to get away from it all for a week or weekend.

Later that evening all the kids gathered in the living room of the "girls" house for a lecture on the windmills that are located on many of the mountain tops in that area.
Here are a few pics of those. These were taken a few years ago when we drove to Thomas, WV for a wedding.
These windmills are pretty impressive to look at. They are HUGE!
Well that's all I have for today.
I'm off to wipe some more walls down.

I've slowly begun to do some spring cleaning here at the house. My hopes are to get all my rooms done and then I plan on having a yard sale with everything that I have decided I no longer need.
Have a great day!

3 comments:

Carmen S. said...

Those are some awesome windmills and that looks like a great place to visit!!! Don't over-do with your cleaning:)

Christine said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful place to stay during the field trip. It's such a pretty area.

Ladybug said...

Wonderful pictures of the Field
Trip. TFS

Country Blessings
Trish-Ladybug