Friday, October 21, 2011

Storms a Coming!

I love weather!
I'm always in awe of the sights, sounds & smell of a thunderstorm. The sheer power of wind, the energy of flood waters and the beauty of newly fallen snow.
Whether it's snow, rain, sleet or hail you can bet you will find me glued to the windows watching it.
A few nights ago a cold front approached our area bringing these dark clouds followed by rain...just what we needed (NOT). We've had so much rain this season that I'm not sure that the ground is ever going to dry out.
I quickly grabbed my camera and ran to the back yard snapping these pictures. I couldn't believe how dark the sky was getting. Pretty neat looking!

I always tell my children that whatever career they choose in life be sure it's one that they will be happy getting up each morning and going to.
I think when I grow up *wink wink* I want to be a meteorologist or better yet maybe a stormchaser.

Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

Carmen S. said...

Very cool pictures! I'm afraid if you were a stormchaser I would have many a sleepless nights worrying about you, LOL! Hopefully we get some more nice, sunny days before the you-know-what comes!

Buttercup said...

Great pictures. I love to watch snow out the window, but don't like to go out in it.

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos! I know what you mean, but keep safe.

Cheryl said...

Nice pictures, but that looked like a wicked storm.

Angela said...

Those are some great pictures Jessica! You think you are a storm chaser in the making! Get ready for the snow to fly! I bought sleds Wednesday. I'm ready! lol

The Old Cupboard Door said...

I love storms too! You really captured the essence of this one before she unleashed her fury. Beautiful!

~willa~

Trace4J said...

Awesome pictures friend. Thanks for sharing.
Happy Saturday
Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Unknown said...

oh what great pictures... My daughter and I have always wanted to be storm chasers..When the sirens go off we grab the camera and take pictures. One time we heard this loud noise and it scared us.. We almost rolled down the stairs laughing so hard how scared we were.. We do take the sirens serious...

I agree about choosing careers that you are happy in. Life is so much nicer...

Have a great saturday...Lisa

Unknown said...

Those clouds are so dark...hope it wasn't too bad! I really love the thunder...the booming sound, its power, makes you realize just how powerful the creator of it is! Have a great weekend! Love you...Loretta

Sharon said...

LOL! I was going to say you'd make a great storm chaser! I like watching the weather too, but when it's lightning, you'll find me inside the house and away from windows. ;-)

Susie Swanson said...

Love your weather pictures and I'm looking forward to your snow pictures, as I'm your latest follower. I would like to invite you to visit mine sometime. I'm just a country girl with a love for anything country.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Although your pictures are most hauntingly beautiful of the approachin' storm, I fear you'd find me hunkered in a corner remindin' the Maker that He can calm the storms.

This is my on true fear in life and the Ponderosa is planted smack in the middle of tornado ally 'round these parts! See, I went through a bad tornado when I was five. It was traumatic for a young chicklett to say the least!

God bless ya sweetie and have an extraordinary day! :o)