Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Christmas Parade and Warm Weather

I'm still here but I'm really behind in blogging and blog reading. Hoping to get more time later this week to catch up.

This past Saturday was our towns annual Christmas parade and I think it was the warmest parade that I've ever attended. No need for heavy coats, hats and mittens.
It's nice to not have to stand there freezing cold for the hour but it just doesn't feel like the holidays with all this warm weather.
Here the kids are waiting for the parade to begin.
                                       It's starting!
My favorites of course are the horses and tractors.
And Santa brought up the rear by riding the fire truck through town.
The local parades always kick off the holiday season around here.
Now it's on to Thanksgiving Day.
I plan to get a few things done tomorrow (chopping veggies, baking pies, etc.) to help make Thanksgiving Day go a little smoother in the kitchen.
Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Carmen S. said...

I always loved the horses too and hubby drools over the tractors, LOL! I hope all goes smoothly in the kitchen and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!!!!!

Unknown said...

It looks like a fun time! I love parades...ours is Dec. 3rd
All The Best To You and Family! Hugs

Nicole Gamble said...

I would like to say this is the best blog that I have ever come across. Very informative. Please write more so that we can get more details.

Sharon said...

Just wanted to stop by and say Happy Thanksgiving Blessings to you and yours!