Thursday, December 1, 2011

Back to the Books

                                 Homework!

It's been a slow moving week for me...hence the lack of posting.
It's so hard to jump back in to schooling or work (with both feet) after enjoying a full week off but we DID.
My lesson planner looks pretty sparse this week as we eased our way back in but next week it's full throttle...lots to do before the next little mini vacation at Christmas.
As I put together lessons for next week I realized that we are halfway through our reading program for the year. Yippee!
I wish that were the case for all of Katie's subjects but sadly it's not. Oh, and just because the book may end it doesn't mean that the lessons end. (just in case you are wondering Katie. :o)

 
Still working on a few Christmas gifts and beginning to make a list of the food and cookies that I will be making for the approaching holiday.

Shopping a little here and there and checking that list to see whose been naughty or nice!

Well that's all that is happening in my world.
I'm off here to go catch up on more laundry and maybe a bit of sewing.
Have a great day!


Oh, I almost forgot to tell you that I'm planning a holiday giveaway so be sure to stop back soon. I hope to post it within the next day or two.

5 comments:

Carmen S. said...

OH that pic of your boys brings back memories, my son's backpack used to be so heavy I couldn't even lift it:O That was back in the days he actually brought homework *home*, actually I'm not sure exactly how he graduated as he really slacked off the last couple yrs, hmmm...LOL, have a wonderful day:)

Aliene said...

Hello Jessica, It has been a long time. I, too, am homeschooling my grandson. He is a 10th grader.
Almost half through.

You seem to be in the festive mood already. I hope to get into it next week. Blessings from way down South.

Christine said...

I think you're doing so great with homeschooling and crafting AND blogging!
Best wishes
with it all - I'm dazed just thinking of it all!
Christine

Unknown said...

Hi Jessica you have been busy... where does all that energy come from? Waiting to see some of those yummy dishes from the kitchen! LOL.

Hugs and Best Wishes,
Loretta

Granny Sue said...

Jessica, if you would like a storytelling lesson for them, let me know and next time I'm up your way I'd be glad to stop by.