Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Dill Pickle Dip

If you like dill pickles then you will love this!
A neighbor of mine passed this recipe on to me and I decided to give it a try this past weekend at Katie's birthday party.
I served it with chips but it would be good with veggies too!


Dill Pickle Dip

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
16 oz. sour cream (I used fat free)
2 tbsp. Miracle Whip
dash of onion salt
dash of worcestershire sauce
10 oz. jar of dill pickle relish

Place all but relish in a mixer and beat until creamy.
Gently fold in relish (juice and all).
Serve with chips or veggies.
Enjoy!

               GETTING READY FOR THE HOLIDAYS
It's getting down to the nitty gritty with the holiday preparations. My shopping is finished but nothing is wrapped. Gonna have to get to that soon!
The past three days have been spent in the kitchen making Chex Mix, Muddy Buddy Chex Mix, Peanut Butter Fudge, Heath Biscotti and Chocolate Walnut Fudge. Tomorrow will be more of the same....peanut butter balls and who knows what else. Oh, and I finally finished a stitching project that is going to be a gift and began working on a silly gag gift for a friend.
I plan on starting cookies sometime over the weekend. I hate to make them too early for fear that they will be dried out by Christmas. If I had room in my freezers I'd just bake and freeze but at the moment my freezers are filled to the brim.

Have you begun your holiday baking yet?

8 comments:

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Sounds yummy Jessica!!!
I'll have to give this one a try!!!
Happy Baking!
Prim Blessings
Robin

black bear cabin said...

im not much of a baker...but i usually make fudge every year. this year i decided not to though, so i might try my hand at cookies just for fun.
your dip sounds good...i LOVE pickles, so im sure i would probably love the dip :)
Jordyn spent the night at grandma and grandpas on Sunday, so i wrapped all her gifts then...whew! didnt want any chance of her getting into the packages and ruining the surprise :) The big day will be here before ya know it! Hugs!

Granny Sue said...

No baking here, and no wrapping either and no inside decorations :/ I've been rearranging furniture which means chaos and cleaning. I;m picking up a granddaughter or two and maybe their friends and we'll be baking and decorating this weekend. My family gifts this year will all be homemade, and that's what I'll be doing next week--getting them all ready.

Sandra said...

I bet my family will love that dip! Thanks for posting it. I've never heard of it before.

Christine said...

You've been one busy girl Jessica! I haven't made any cookies yet; but did bake hubby a fruit cake. That dill pickle dip sounds so good.

Carmen S. said...

I'm not a *pickle* girl but it looks good:) I'm hoping to get some gingerbread men made today, we'll see if it happens! All your baking goodies sound so yummy:P Have a great day!!!

annie said...

I think the fellows esp. the younger one would just love this dip!

Farmchick said...

I have never heard of dill pickle dip but it sounds really good. I am going to have to try it...thanks for sharing. :) You really need to share some of your recipes in my recipe swap....I have one coming up on Tuesday!! Pretty please! Hope you can come on over for a visit and say hi too!!!