Sunday, March 11, 2012

Army Training - Building a Floating Bridge

Click on pictures to enlarge!
While walking along the river trail yesterday I noticed some commotion going on along the river. Once I finished my walk I grabbed my camera and headed to the boat docks where all the action seemed to be going on.
It must have been training day.
The parking lot was full as you can see from the above photo and on the water were many of these boats.
They were practicing their skills as they built a floating bridge.
These big trucks backed down into the water and then released section by section of the bridge. They would hit the water with a big splash.

Once they hit the water they began unfolding.
Then the current got hold of them and they began floating down the river where the men in the boats would be waiting to grab them.
Come back tomorrow to see what they did next. Just too many photos to put into one post.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is sooo exciting! Be back tomorrow!

Cheryl said...

Thats so neat.
See ya tomorrow, you sneak!

Carmen S. said...

That would be so interesting to watch! Can't wait to see more:)

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Very interesting!!!
Cool pics!
Be back tomorrow!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Granny Sue said...

Army guys. I just love them. Having a few of my own makes me prejudiced.