Friday, April 30, 2010

An Oreo Delight


Wow! It's going to be a gorgeous day today with lots of sun and warm temperatures. I've got a few chores to get done and then I hope to have some time to sew a bit and then outside to enjoy the day.

Update on Garden:
Yesterday morning was the last morning that they were calling for frost so I went ahead and took the newspapers off last night. I saw a few spots of black on a couple leaves but that was it so I think all of my plants will be alright. I still have tomatoes, peppers and zucchini to plant but I'm waiting till about the mid of May to do so.  Don't want to risk it until warmer weather arrives for good.
Well I'll share the Oreo dessert with you all and then I'm off to enjoy the day.

Oreo Delight

1 large pkg. Oreos, crushed
8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 container Cool Whip, thawed
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
1 small box instant chocolate pudding
3 cups milk

Crush Oreo's and reserve enough to sprinkle over the top of the dessert when finished. (about 1 to 1 1/2 cups)
In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and 1 cup Cool Whip.
Add crushed Oreos to that mixture and mix.
Pat crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9X13 pan.
In another bowl, mix both puddings together with the milk.
Pour pudding over crumb layer.
Top with remaining Cool Whip.
Garnish with Oreo crumbs.
Refrigerate.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Have a wonderful day and weekend and I think I've already gained a pound just drooling over the oreo dessert!

Farmchick said...

You are so lucky to be working in your garden....

Your oreo delight....looks delightful! lol

Have a great weekend....stop over and visit!

Carmen S. said...

YUMMY...that oreo delight sure looks DELIGHTFUL:) We have to wait till at least mid- may here for planting too, some years closer to the end of May:( Enjoy your time outside, I'm headed there too!

Cheryl said...

We only planted a few things in buckets, tomatoes and squash. Last year it got so dry, we decided that since we're on a well it would be better to water buckets.

Going to try the oreo delight this weekend.

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

OMG!! That recipe has my mouth watering! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Good save! Those newspapers did the trick, yippee. :)
I used to love Oreos, this looks tempting enough for me to start eating sweets again!
Have a great weekend.

Sandra said...

Oh my goodness! That LOOKS and SOUNDS delicious! Anything with Oreo's is good. I've never heard of this one but I'm definately going to try it!