Thursday, February 26, 2009

I've been Inspired!


I have been looking at all of these blogs that do stitching. I have cross-stitched for a long time and even made a simple stitchery for my mother once with a cute little saying on it. (Which I don't thing she truly appreciated! I thought it was cute and funny but you just would have had to of been there. It was more of a gag gift!)

Anyways I went on the computer and searched for some cute primitive patterns and found many. I had everything I needed except for the muslin so I picked some up the other day. Yesterday I traced the pattern onto the fabric and now I'm ready to begin. This will make a nice TV craft. I don't watch much TV. (It's kinda hard to watch when you can't pull yourself away from the computer.) But I hope to take some down time in the evenings and stitch away. I'll be sure to share a picture of the finished item when I get it done.

4 comments:

Carmen S. said...

Good luck on your stitching! I wish I could do that, there are so many really cute ones you see. If you have done the cross stitching, I don't think you'll have any problems, have fun!

Katy said...

Good luck! I bet you will do fantastic!!! I can't wait to see it! :)

Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog! I really appreciate it! Have a wonderful rest of your week!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I know what you mean about pulling yerself away from the computer to actually sit and craft! I don't watch TV at all, and you need yer hands to type & comment, so it makes it hard to "multitask" when the computer is yer main entertainment! But I plan to try out listening to these "podcasts" I keep reading about and hope I will be able to sit and listen while crafting...if I find a good podcast I will let you know...

Buttercup said...

Looking forward to seeing your stitching. It's an achievement for me to sew on a button, so I am in awe stitchery.