Monday, March 16, 2009

Hot & Sweet Chicken


This is a yummy recipe that my sister-in-law passed on to me several years ago. It's fairly simple and quick to make. Don't be fooled by the name of this recipe or the fact that it contains hot sauce. The hot sauce is totally hidden beneath the preserves so there isn't a hint of heat in it.


Hot & Sweet Chicken


1 cup apricot preserves
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tsp. bottled minced garlic
1-2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
12 chicken drumsticks or 4 breasts

Mix everything, except the chicken, in a sauce pan.
Heat on stove till preserves are melted.
Pour over chicken & bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
(I like to line my baking sheet with foil for this recipe. It really saves you from a big sticky mess!)

4 comments:

Carmen S. said...

YUMMY YUM YUM!!! I'm gonna try this, it sounds SOOOO good! Thanks for sharing, have a great day!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

What a tasty-sounding recipe. I like yer idea of putting the foil lining the pan!!! Why scrub all night?

Apple Tree Cottage said...

I am definately going to try this!!!! It looks soooooooo good!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That looks amazing! I love your list of blogs...some I would like to visit! Thanks!