Monday, March 23, 2009

A Special Gift



Thirty years ago I met a girl in kindergarten class. That girl ended up being my best and closest friend. The one that you never let go of. The one that is always there regardless of what is going on. The one that answers the phone no matter what time it is and the one that probably knows the most about you.
Yes, we have driven each other crazy over the years but we wouldn't change a thing. Well, her birthday is today.
So, Friday I went in search of the perfect gift for her and I found it. The gift itself may not be perfect but the words upon the gift are.


To My Friend

When I think of all the good things
That God has given to me...
In my heart, I think of you,
And every sweet memory.

I think of all the laughter...
We've shared through the years.
I think of all the moments,
We've calmed each others' fears.

I think of all the crazy things
We've got ourselves into...
And I think of how fortunate I am
To have shared them all with you!

I know I'm blessed to call you friend,
I've known this from the start.
And I wanted to say sincerely...
That "I love you" from the heart!

You see...
You are my someone to lean on...
You are my someone to call...
You are my someone to be there...
To catch me when I fall.

You are my someone to laugh with...
You are my someone to sing...
You are my very best friend,
And what joy you bring into my life!

by DeeDee Barbour


Happy Birthday Misty!

3 comments:

Carmen S. said...

How beautiful! You are so lucky to have a friend for that amount of time, she must be very special! Wish her happy b-day from me:)

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

What a sweet poem! And how nice to have a lifelong friend like that.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.