Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tossed Salad With Creamy Dressing


I mixed this up yesterday to take to our cookout. It's loaded with lots of cheese and all the extras plus a quick and creamy dressing that I threw together and poured over.


Tossed Salad with Creamy Dressing


1 head of lettuce, chopped
6 oz. can small black olives, drained and left whole
8 oz. bar of sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
8 oz. bar of Monterrey Jack cheese, cubed
1 red bell pepper, cut in thin strips and then in half
1/2 of an English Cucumber, sliced thin
2 tomatoes, chopped


Dressing

1 cup Miracle Whip
3/4 tsp. prepared mustard
1/2 - 3/4 tsp. Mrs. Dash Table Blend
4 tsp. milk
1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar

Cut and toss all vegetable together.
Mix the dressing ingredients together and pour over salad and toss.
I topped this with croutons and bacon bits.

4 comments:

Carmen S. said...

That sounds yummy! I made your hot & sweet chicken yesterday, but instead of apricot preserves ( which I did have) I ended up using orange preserves, because I grabbed the first orange looking jar I saw! It was still tasty though:)

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I could just eat that yummy salad and a roll for a dinner and be happy!!!

Buttercup said...

You've given me a great dinner idea. Have almost everything I need for this, but want some olives!

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe.