Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Blueberry Buckle


Here is another treat that I found in my MIL's recipes . I baked this yesterday morning and it definitely passed the taste test last night.
I have plenty of berries stored in my freezer so I am going to use this recipe and just switch out the berries. I think it will be yummy no matter what fruit you place in it.

( Berries can be fresh or frozen. I used some that I had froze earlier in the season. I just set them out on the counter for a few hours to thaw a little before placing them in the batter.)


Blueberry Buckle

3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups well-drained blueberries


Crumb Topping

1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, softened

Mix together the sugar, butter and egg.
Stir in milk.
In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder & salt and then add to the egg mixture.
Carefully blend in the blueberries.
Spread into a greased & floured 9-inch baking pan (I used a pie pan.)
Mix the topping ingredients together and then sprinkle on top of batter.
Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes.

You can serve this warm with ice cream or as my husband prefers, in a bowl with a little milk.
Enjoy!




3 comments:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

With that crumb topping, there would not be a crumb left at my house! What a yummy recipe and so old-fashioned a name, too! I just love it.

Carmen S. said...

OH YUM!!!! Now I know what to do with all the blueberries I froze, that looks REALLY GOOD:)Have a wonderful day and thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

We always ate our cobbler-like treats with milk and sugar, too. Yummy! This sure brings back memories.