Saturday, October 24, 2009

Bridge Pics and Sick Kids!


Here are the last few photos from our bike ride a few weeks ago.

The top picture is I believe the backside of the Capital Music Hall with an advertisement for Jamboree in the Hills. The last time I was in the Capital Music Hall was to see Kenny Chesney in concert and what a fun night it was.

The next photo is the info marker for the Wheeling Suspension Bridge, the oldest operating suspension bridge in the world.

Photobucket

Here is a portion of the bridge looking west towards Wheeling Island.

Photobucket

Standing underneath the Suspension Bridge, looking up!

Photobucket

These are some of the cables that support the bridge.

Photobucket

Enough of the boring bridge pics!


I can't wait to get these stitches out so I can get back in the kitchen.
I really can't believe I just said that!
I absolutely hate doing dishes but it is also no fun cooking in a kitchen when you have to wait for someone else to come in and clean your mess up. So for that reason, I am excited to get to wash dishes again.
I hate a messy kitchen almost as much as I hate doing dishes!


Swine flu...Seasonal colds....???? ...just want it to go away!

My oldest son was home from school this week with a high fever, cough and VERY grouchy. The worst only lasted a day and now he is left with a nasty cough that I hope will go away soon too.

I was hoping that the rest of us didn't catch whatever he had but luck was just not on our side. As of tonight the other 2 kids now have the same thing. I went to get some Motrin to use at bedtime and could not believe my eyes. They were all out of the children's version except for one row of the name brand Motrin in a Jr. Strength.

Everyone in town must be sick or anitcipating being sick!

Hopefully in a day or two they will be on the mend but till then we have plenty of popsicles and Jell-O to go around!
Keeping our fingers crossed that we don't get it too!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

8 comments:

Arlene said...

What a great place!! I was born in Morgantown, WV!! Gosh I had forgotten about that bridge! It just has been to many years since I have taken a road trip !!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Oh no. I saw a map of the U.S. and every single state except 3 had "widespread" flu. And they had "regional" so that doesn't sound much better. The flu is sweeping the nation and I was glad I grabbed a lot of NyQuil before it hit. My son has been sick a week.

Hang in there and build yourself up with a lot of juices and good foods so you don't get it too!!!

Cheryl said...

Sorry to hear the family's sick. Hope all is better soon.

Know what you mean about the kitchen. I wipe as I cook. Hubby cleans up afterwards but he don't have much to do but load dishwasher.

Nancy M. said...

The bridge pics are cool! I hope everyone feels better soon!

West Side of Straight said...

Cool pictures, and I bet you are getting anxious to get back to cleaning and doing dishes! Hope kids get better soon, and that you don't get the flu. Stay well

Carmen S. said...

Great bridges but you would NOT get me on that suspension bridge, yikes!!! I hope your kids get over the sickness soon, its bad here too, seems like everyone knows someone who has it! Kenny Chesney...you lucky gal, love him ;)

Sherri/Here Goes My Life said...

Hi Jessica, I hyperventilate when I look at that bridge. I am sure it's very nice but I am not a fan of bridges. Hope your family is better soon, we have had it our house too. The lysol and hand sanitizer have been my good friends this week. Hopefully I wont get it. Have a great day:)Sherri

gtyyup said...

Your bike ride looked like a lot of fun...and such beautiful weather too!

Only another week on those stitches...right? You'll be good as new!

Glad the kids don't have the Swine flu...or at least it doesn't sound like it...get well soon everyone.