Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Honey & Beer Ribs


I usually place pork ribs in the crockpot and cook them all day in store-bought BBQ sauce but I thought I would try something a little different. I started these out in the oven and then transferred them to a crockpot to keep warm till we got home for dinner. You could cook these the whole time in the oven or slow cook all day in the crockpot and I'm sure they would be just as good. Here's the ingredients that I used.


Honey & Beer Rib Sauce

1 medium onion, diced
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tbsp. olive oil
3/4 cups chili sauce
1/2 cup beer
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp. worcestershire

Saute onion & garlic in oil.
Add rest of ingredients and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
Remove from heat and pour over ribs.

**If you are oven roasting ribs then I would baste them with this sauce every so often throughout the cooking process.
If cooking in a crockpot them I would pour the whole amount over the ribs and cook all day.**

Enjoy!


5 comments:

Carmen S. said...

Oh that sounds delicious, I'll have to try it! There's only a couple store bought BBQ sauces I even like. Thanks for sharing & enjoy your day:)

wilsonc said...

Yum...I'm going to try this one this week.

Gail said...

I have a wonderful recipe from Uncle Bill. Cover your ribs in liquid smoke and foil and bake til tender. Drain liquid smoke, add Barbeque sauce of choice and cook until sauce is warm.

Melt in your mouth.

Buttercup said...

It's just about crockpot time. I love all things barbecue and I would like to try this recipe. Yummy, yummy!

lilly said...

It'sbout time for my iron stew pot to come out of the cupboard. Nothing tasts as good as a beef or pork road done in that iron oit. I also love to make stew in it and also soup. Your cake looks delicious and will surely try it on the next baking day. Just found your blog while look ing through Granny Sues blog list. lilly