Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Mild Sweet & Smokey Chili


Well the picture of the finished product turned out blurry so my pic of ingredients will have to do! :0(

This is a favorite of mine, but one that I don't make often enough because my husband prefers my own chili recipe better.

The mildness comes from using tomato soup instead of tomato juice and of course the smokey flavor is from the bacon with a bit of brown sugar added. Yumm-o!
Throw together a pan of cornbread topped with melted butter and enjoy!


Sweet & Smokey Chili

1 lb. bacon
2 lbs. ground beef
2 - 16 oz. cans butter beans
2 - 16 oz. cans kidney beans
2 - 16oz. cans pork n beans
2 cans tomato soup
1 cup water
1 onion, chopped
1 cup ketchup
1 tbsp. prepared mustard
6 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. brown sugar

Cut bacon slab into 1-inch strips, pull apart & fry and then drain grease.
Cook beef & onion and drain.
Toss beef, onion & bacon in large stock pot.
Add rest of ingredients and simmer 1 hour.

4 comments:

Andora said...

This sounds really good,and really easy..I will have to give this a try sometime this fall...thanks for another good looking recipe...

Carmen S. said...

I've never had bacon in chili before, it sounds really good:)My hubby will eat chili any way he can get it, lol!!!

Jblover109Woozworld said...

This recipe sounds really yummy! Chili is so good this time of year...and I like sweet chili!
I wanted to also say that am looking forward to your package in the mail!!

gtyyup said...

This sounds delicious! It's that time of year when soups and chili are on my mind...and in the Crockpot simmering away...