Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Steak Rub

As I said in my last post this weekend was a pretty relaxing and lazy weekend. So lazy that I didn't really want to even cook. So much of my days are spent in the kitchen and it often seems like as soon as I get the dishes done up from one meal then it's time to turn around and begin on the next feast. So as with any job sometimes you just need a little vacation and that is what I took this weekend.
We cooked out on Saturday with just the typical quick and easy fare. Then on Sunday I was clueless as to what to make because I still didn't want to cook. However with a house full of hungry bellies somebody has got to do the job. So I decided the easiest thing would be to cook out again... but what to cook this time??
We just had hamburgers the night before so I needed something different. The only other thing that I had in the freezer that could be grilled (and would please my picky bunch) was a couple of top round steaks. Not the best for grilling but it was all I had so I began to think of what I could do with that steak to make it good. I went through my spice cabinet and mixed a little of this and a little of that.
The end result was oh so tasty.
I'm not sure if it was the spices that I used or the fact that my husband grilled them to perfection or maybe the combination of the two but boy were they good.

                                      Steak Rub

        1 oz. packet Hidden Valley Ranch dry dressing
                                           mix
                                1/4 tsp. onion powder
                             1/4 tsp. cajun seasoning
                                     1 tsp. paprika
                                     3/4 tsp. sea salt
                                  1 tsp. brown sugar
                       1/2 tsp. Montreal Steak seasoning

Mix this all in a bowl and then rub it on to the steak.
Place steak in a dish and cover with foil.
Let it rest in the refrigerator till time to cook.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Carmen S. said...

I'll have to try this, hubby and son love steak, You're so creative with your cooking :)

Brenda said...

Sounds really good!! Thanks for sharing, I will have to try this!

Brenda

Nancy M. said...

Cool! My hubby loves steaks, I will have to give this a try!