Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cutting Wooly Worms


This is the next step in my rugmaking adventure.
I have my wool all dyed and ready to be cut.
I don't have one of those fancy rug cutters so I just used my rotary cutter, self-healing mat and a long strip quilting template.



It worked pretty good I think.
I doubled up the fabric to make it go a bit quicker and then stacked them in colors and tied them up so as to not lose any of the wooly worms.
All I need to do now is trace my pattern onto the monk's cloth and start hooking.
Don't think I will get around to it today though. The sun has decided to come back out and push all the rain clouds away so I've got lots to do outdoors. The grass needs cut, I've got more garden work to do and a little SEWING request for someone.

I'll keep you posted with more pictures as I get the rug started and I've got a few more recipes to share with you soon.
Have a great day!

4 comments:

Carmen S. said...

AHHAHA...when I first saw the post update I thought "OH NO, first the birds and now worms", LOL! Those tan ones look like homemade noodles:)

Farmchick said...

wow..that looks really cool...can't wait to see the rug in the next step! Stop over and visit.

Nancy M. said...

Awesome! Great colors! I can't wait to see it!

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

It is really moving along! Excellent "wooly worms!" I thought it was a type of caterpillar until I saw the pic!!!