Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Homemade Peach Pie....Oh so Good!


I went to a favorite fruit and veggie market this past weekend with my mother and while I was there I picked up some peaches. I brought them home and left them set a few days to get a bit more ripe and yesterday was the day. They were finally ready to dig into so this is what I made.
It was so good!
I tried a different pie crust recipe and I think this one will be my new favorite.
It called for Crisco but I didn't have any so I just replaced it with butter and it was so easy to work with, not to mention  how tasty it was.

Pie Crust

3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tbsp. sugar
1 cup Crisco ( I used "real" butter)
1 egg
2 tbsp. vinegar
3 tbsp. water

Combine flour, salt & sugar in a bowl.
Blend in Crisco (or butter) with a pastry blender.
In a small bowl, mix egg, vinegar and water together.
Add this to flour mixture.
Roll out pie crust.
(Makes 2 crusts)

Peach Pie

3 tbsp. cooking tapioca
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
4 cups fresh sliced peaches
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. butter (softened)

Combine tapioca, sugar, salt, peaches & lemon juice in a bowl.
Let them set for 15 minutes.
Add butter to peach mixture and give it a stir.
Pour peach mixture into bottom of pie crust.
Place top crust on and seal edges.
Bake on a foil lined pan at 400° for 50-60 minutes.
Enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!

5 comments:

Carmen S. said...

YUM! Ours here is all gone, so I'll be right over, LOL!!!!!

Granny Sue said...

Yes Ma'am! That's the real stuff all right. Can't wait for my peaches to be ready. Should be this weekend.

Jill said...

Looks sooo yummy! We just love fresh peaches! ;-)

The Wife said...

MMMM, makes my mouth water just looking at it!

Cheryl said...

Print off this post, I'm gonna try it ! Thanks