Monday, November 29, 2010

Nacho & Ranch Baked Chicken Tenderloins

Here's a quick recipe that my SIL passed on to me last week.

Nacho & Ranch Baked Chicken

3 lb. bag of chicken tenderloins
1 cup Nacho Doritos, ground fine in food processor
1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch Dry Salad Dressing Mix
1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
1 stick butter

In a bowl, combine crushed Doritos, dressing mix & bread crumbs.
In another bowl, melt the butter.
Dip chicken into butter and then into crumb mixture.
Place on a greased cookie sheet.
Bake 350° until done.

I used tenderloins but you could use this on any cut of chicken or even pork.
If you prefer a lower-fat version then omit the butter all together and just dip the chicken right into the crumbs and place on a greased pan.
Spray chicken liberally with cooking spray and bake.
Nothing fancy but it was a tasty alternative to our usual baked chicken.

It was back to the ol' grind today.
Back to school for us and back to work for my husband. UGH!
But worse....my first day of dieting.
Well I don't know that I should call it dieting because I'm not actually depriving myself of certain foods.
I'm just eating them in moderation and being more conscious of portion size and the even bigger challenge will be to exercise everyday.
I've done excellent today on the eating part but failed (F) on the exercise portion.
I love walking but it gets a bit chilly this time of the year to do that. Plus by the time my husband gets home and can babysit the kids then it's already dark out and not the safest time to be out and walking.
I DREAD using a treadmill. It is so BORING but I may have to resort to it. :(
But not tonight!
My crochet hook is calling me so I'm heading to the couch to work a bit on that before bedtime.
Stop back later and I'll share a crockpot beef recipe 
and tell you about my first attempt at making homemade cranberry juice.
Nighty Night!

4 comments:

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

Hey Jessica! I've seen this recipe, or a similar one, before but haven't ever tried it. I'm gonna put it on my list. My hubby isn't a big fan of chicken, but I think he would like this! Thanks for sharing! Good luck with your new eating and exercising plan. It's so hard to be self-disciplined! I need to excerise more but I hate it! LOL!
Hugs,
Donna

Granny Sue said...

That looks like a successful attempt, Jessica! I'm with you on the diet--just trying to maintain over the holidays, which is challenge enough. Good luck!

Carmen S. said...

Your juice looks beautiful and the chicken looks good too, yet another *Jessica recipe* to add to my files, LOL! Hope you enjoy the day!!!

trish said...

Oh my sweet heavens! That sounds like a delicious chicken recipe!! :o) Thank you for sharing it with us.
Sincerely - Trish