Friday, December 10, 2010

Baking Season Begins

Hi everyone!

It's been a few days since I posted so I thought I'd better get on and see what all is going on in the blog world. I've only got a few minutes though so I'll have to come back tonight when I've got a bit more time to catch up with all of you.
In my world....schooling, baking, shopping and sewing.
I finished all of my Chirstmas shopping last night. YEAH!!
Now if only the elves would come and help me wrap it all. :O)
I started my holiday baking the other day too.
The peanut butter balls are finished and today I hope to get some biscotti and fudge made. I like to make the candies and things that will store well early that way I can spend the week before Christmas making all the cookies.
You can go HERE to get the recipe for my peanut butter balls.
HERE for the biscotti!
Last year I made THIS fudge but I think I'll make my Grandma's fudge this year. I'll post that recipe once I make it and get a few pictures.
I've also been baking oranges this week and boy do they make the house smell good. I think I cut my slices a bit too thick but they still worked. They just took a little longer to bake.
Other than that I've been working on a few little sewing and crochet projects for some friends but I can't show them right now or I'll spoil their surprise.

We also have a few birthdays to celebrate this weekend.
My daughter Katie will be 7 tomorrow and my Mom has a birthday a few days later so we will celebrate both with pizza and cake & ice cream.

Oh and I almost forgot, if you haven't signed up for my SEASON OF GIVING GIVEAWAY then you better hurry. It ends tomorrow!

10 comments:

michelle said...

evrything looks so yummy!I keep tellin myself to get off the computer and get busy some more.My oldest birthday is sunday.the big 16.enjoy your baking and birthday celebrations.blessings michelle

Christine said...

You've been a very busy girl Jessica! Your Christmas tree is lovely. I wish you had written a little more about the oranges and what to do with them, they were so pretty. Stay warm!

gtyyup said...

You are as busy as ever!! I'm sure Christmas at your house is like magic!

Carmen S. said...

Tell miss Katie that Carmen from pa sends her BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes!!! I wish I could just come sit in your living room and gaze at your beautiful tree while taking in all those wonderful scents of your baking and oranges, maybe munch on a few of those peanut butter balls too;) But alas...my shopping is not done, ingredients need to be bought for reception foods and it is STILL snowing:(

Sharon said...

Yay! It always feels good to get the presents bought or made and ready for wrapping. Always fun to make goodies throughout December. Happy Birthday to Katie and your mom!!!

Patty Sumner said...

All I can say is Yum-yum-yum! Girl you have been busy. If only I could just reach through and get one of those peanut butter balls. Good Job! Blessings!

Patty Sumner said...

All I can say is YUM-YUM-YUM! You sure have been busy...good job girl! I just wish I could reach through and grap one of those peanut butter balls. Blessings!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The oranges are beautiful! I would like to hear more about them! I'm going to put your blog on my favorites list! Thanks! ♥

Cheryl said...

I tried to make your peanut butter balls last year. Had stuff all over the kitchen. Maybe this year they will turn out like yours...not!

Farmchick said...

Everything looks so yummy! So glad you liked my Christmas Pretzel Treats! Thanks for letting me know. Would love for you to link up to my recipe swap. You can use your old posts to link. :)