Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Beer & Onion Crockpot Beef Roast

Since this summer has been so hot and humid I have resorted to cooking many a meals in my crockpot. I've tried lots ~ some we liked ~ some we didn't.
This one is a keeper!

Beer and Onion Crockpot Beef Roast

beef roast, trimmed of any fat
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp. minced garlic ( I used the stuff in a jar.)
1 tbsp. minced dried onion flakes
10 1/2 oz. can of Campbell's French Onion Soup
2 packets brown gravy mix
12 oz. bottle of beer

Coat roast with flour and then place in a greased crockpot.
In a medium bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and pour over roast.
Place lid on crockpot and cook on high all day.
*I started mine around 7 a.m. and let it cook until 5 on High. The result was a super tender roast with lots of flavor.*
Enjoy!

Before I go I'll show you a few stitcheries that I completed. Dad got some frames cut for me this weekend so I was able to finish these up and begin on some new stitcheries :O)

Everyone *LOVES* this one!
      It's a Bird Brain Designs pattern.
Next is a favorite bible verse of my Mom's. I made it for her a good while ago and have been waiting for the right size frame to put it in.
The last one is for Christmas. It's a Chestnut Junction pattern.
Hope you all are having a great day!

8 comments:

Carmen S. said...

I'll have to try that roast, sounds delicious!!! Your stitching is just gorgeous, Love them all!!!!!

Buttercup said...

Your stitchery is beautiful. I need to start thinking about gifts and decorations. I feel so behind!

Farmchick said...

Sounds tasty..I like beer gravy. Your stichery is beautiful. Come on over and say hi!

Unknown said...

I love your stitched pieces. We don't eat beef anymore, but I'm still going th copy your recipe, if you don't mind. I have a bunch of hungry children and grand's coming during the holidays and this will fill them up for sure. LOL. Hugs!

Cheryl said...

What time is dinner, heading your way now!

Love your needle work!

black bear cabin said...

Love your stitcheries...and hubby did a great job on the frames! that recipe sounds delicious...cant wait to try it :) thanks again for sharing!

Angela said...

Beautiful stitchery work Jessica! Your roast sounds good! I love a good roast!

Christine said...

I love crock pot recipes! Just made apple butter in my crock pot; it turned out wonderful and so easy.