Thursday, February 23, 2012

Couldn't Wait to Start!

               Friendship's Garden Quilt by Bird Brain Design

Here's my newest project.
It's a Bird Brain Design pattern that I ordered a week or so ago. I've been drooling over it for months and finally decided to splurge and buy the pattern.


I love all the little sayings on it!
I'm using the red, white and blue fabrics that I purchased a few weeks ago at our local quilt shop and I've decided to do the stitching all in red work. Now I've got something else to work on when I finish each months Promises and Borders BOM. **I know, I know! Like I really need another project to begin...but I so enjoy stitching by hand in the evening and I hate having idle hands.**

Our weather has been awesome the past few days with temps. in the 50's. We've been able to get out and take a few walks along the river which has been so nice after being cooped up in the house for what seems like forever due to cold weather and sick kids. As of tomorrow it's all supposed to change though. High winds, cold temps and SNOW. I don't think they are calling for much (1-2") so we'll just have to wait and see if we get it.

9 comments:

Carmen S. said...

Now that is adorable! Love all the sayings on there and can't wait to see it finished:)I'm not looking forward to the cold, we've gotten a bit spoiled this winter:/

Susie Swanson said...

I love it and the sayings as well..the weather has spoiled me..we got up to almost 80 today..Suppose to have storms tonight..Have a nice evening..Susie

West Side of Straight said...

Another great project. It'll be beautiful when done. Have fun!

black bear cabin said...

that quilt is going to be so cute when its finished! what a lovely pattern! i like doing embroidery in the evenings too..but ive been preoccupied with some other projects right now. glad you had some nice weather...im ready for some over here too...soon i hope! send some my way if you have any to spare :)

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

I Love redwork!!! Your quilt is going to be so cute when your done!
We had a beautiful day here today ~ but our weather is going to change to cold and snow ~ about the same as yours!
Stay Warm!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Sharon said...

That is adorable!!! I think it's going to look great in redwork and your red, white, and blue fabrics!

Unknown said...

How cute is this! You always make it seem so easy...love your work! Have a pleasant evening! Hugs

Granny Sue said...

Looks great already, Jessica!

Lady Jane said...

This will be beautiful. I love this pattern!!! LJ