Saturday, April 21, 2012

Filming & Fabrics

Hi all!
It's been a little while since I last posted. My days have been busy but not with anything worth posting about.


I heard that there was a filming crew in town last week so I took my camera and did a "drive by".
Relativity Media was in town filming at the old WV Penitentiary for a movie called "Out of the Furnace".
A few stars of the movie are Christian Bale, Cassey Affleck, Zoe Saldana and Sam Sheppard and one of the producers is Leonardo DiCaprio.
No stars seen though on my "drive-by".
Just a few lighting props and several camera men walking on the front lawn of the prison.
If all goes as planned the movie will be released in a year so we'll have to catch it when it comes out.


                           
Katie and I headed downtown this morning in the soggy rain to purchase a few threads that I was running low on.
Of course, we didn't just come home with thread. 
I found these beautiful fat quarters. Several will work with my Promises and Borders Quilt that I've been working on. I've already got all the quilt pieces cut for it but I think I'm going to swap out a few of the old pieces for a few of these new designs. 
Katie loves Berenstain Bears so when she saw the series on fabric she had to have it. She got one of the bears and one of a coordinating butterfly print. Not so sure what we will create with them but I'm sure we'll figure something out.
Hope you all have a great weekend!


2 comments:

Carmen S. said...

Love those pretty fabrics you got and how exciting to have Hollywood right in your own town! Perhaps you'll catch a glimpse of Leonardo next time;)

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

How exciting Jessica to have a movie crew in your hometown!!! If anyone can get pics it's you ~ your good at sneaking around and getting a good shot!!!
Wonderful fabric choices!!!
Love those bears!
Have a great day!
Prim Blessings
Robin