Monday, April 23, 2012

Green Beans Almondine


Green beans are a staple at our house. It's the one vegetable that will actually get eaten by all the picky eaters. The problem is I get sick of them. (tired of making them and tired of eating them)
They were served with most every dinner when I was growing up at home and they seem to be on the table each night here in my own home.
So to change them up a bit I made my version of Green Beans Almondine.
Green Beans Almondine


1 tsp. olive oil
1/2 cup slivered almonds
38 oz. can green beans, drained
1/2 tsp. Mrs. Dash's table Blend
1/4 tsp. black pepper
14.5 oz. can of fire roasted diced tomatoes


Heat oil in skillet.
Add almonds and roast until they begin to brown.
Once roasted then you can add the green beans, seasonings and tomatoes.
Heat through and Enjoy!

5 comments:

Carmen S. said...

Looks very tasty:P With my son growing up his ONE veg. he would eat was corn, lol, why can't they just eat them all and make a mother's life easier?? LOL!!!

Trace4J said...

Oh my they sure look yummy to me.
Happy Monday
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Cheryl said...

I have to say, this is one dish I don't care for. Can eat a few green beans, but the tomatoes would have to go. lol

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Yum!!!
Green beans and peas are my favorites!!!
Thanks for sharing!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Christine said...

Jessica those green beans look so good. I never thought about adding tomatoes to them. Trying this real soon.