Monday, February 16, 2015

Dry Skin Relief


Winter weather always wreaks havoc on my skin. The dryness slowly starts creeping in during the fall and continues right through spring before it seems to improve. My hands suffer the worst and I'm constantly looking for a *new* or *better* lotion to try that will hopefully bring some relief. If you suffer from dry hands that constantly split and crack open then you know the misery that I'm talking about.

I found this recipe somewhere on the internet several years ago and wrote it down. I tucked it away in hopes of trying it someday. In December I decided to mix a batch of it up and give it a try. 
It is AWESOME!
I am ready to throw away all the other lotions I have ever bought and use only THIS! 
It works that GOOD!

3 simple ingredients are all you need and a few containers to store it in.

2 (15 oz.) bottle of Baby Lotion
2 (4 oz.) jars of Vitamin E Cream
2 (3.75 oz.) of Vaseline
8 pack of Glad Mini Round 1/2 cup plastic containers with lids

I purchased all of these at Walmart for a total of $12.00. I believe you can use any of the baby lotions. I have tried Baby Magic and Johnson's and Johnson's Shea butter and both worked just as well. Also plain Vaseline is better than the scented. I tried the lavender scented Vaseline and it seemed to make my skin burn when I applied it.
Don't throw your empty lotion & Vaseline jars away as you can reuse them to place your homemade lotion in.
You will need a metal or glass bowl of some sort to mix these in and a metal whisk. Something that will easily wash afterwards. I use the whisk attachment that came with my hand mixer. 
Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix away. Make sure that you incorporate the Vaseline throughout the mixture. Once it's whipped then spoon it out into your containers and place the lids on. You should end up with about 10 (4 oz.) containers that are great to give as gifts or just to share with friends and family. 
This is the second batch that I have made just this winter. 
Give it a try!
I think you will like it.



2 comments:

Cheryl said...

My entire body needs this, will give it a try.
Thanks !

Carmen S. said...

I think that was one I made several yrs. ago then lost the recipe, thanks for sharing!!! Hope you are staying warm, highs up here have been single digits and no improvement anytime soon, UGH!!!