Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Chili for a Chilly Day




Chili for a Chilly Day


My sister-in-law asked me a few weeks ago how I made my chili.We always compare and share recipes. I told her I just dump this and that in it & I don't really have a recipe printed on paper. So since I was making this today I thought I would actually measure the ingredients and write it down. This recipe is a mild chili (not super spicy) that my whole family likes.



Chili


1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
52 oz. can of kidney beans
6 oz. can tomato paste
64 oz. can V-8 juice or tomato juice
1 onion, diced
1 cup diced mild banana peppers
1/2 cup diced bell peppers
2 heaping tbsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt
4 cups water
8 oz. bag shredded cheese (your choice)


Brown beef, onions & peppers.
Drain the grease.
Add the paste and mash it around with beef.
Add the beans and stir.
Add all the other ingredients except for the cheese.
Place the lid on and tilt it a little.
Simmer on low heat for 3-4 hours.
Serve in a bowl and top with shredded cheese.








No comments: