Friday, June 10, 2011

Staying Cool and a few Garden Pictures

That's Gage in the above photo and I love it ~ he looks so funny in those big goggles.
It's been very hot , humid and muggy here in our neck of the woods so we've spent lots of time in the pool keeping cool. Our pool gets full sun the whole day so the water has been staying around 86-90 degrees which is nice when you first get in. (No shock to your system from the coldness)
However, in this hot heat it could stand to be a few degrees cooler but hey I'm not complaining. At least we've got a way to cool down. I was watching tv yesterday and they were talking of all the shelters that people are having to flee to just to get cooled down.
So many people have breathing issues and this high heat and humidity just make it so much harder to deal with.
Lucky for us the weather is supposed to cool down on Sunday.
I'm glad we have A/C but I'd much prefer to have my windows open so I look forward to the cooler temperatures next week.
Our gardens sure are liking this weather. I've got tomatoes, green beans, bell peppers, banana peppers, squash and zucchini in this little mini garden.
Bell Peppers
Squash
Zucchini
Tomatoes

Over in the other garden at my Mom & Dad's we have lots and lots of tomatoes, more banana peppers and some cucumbers. This garden was planted several weeks after the mini one so it's plants are still on the small side but they are growing.

That's it for today.
Hope you all can stay cool and have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Carmen S. said...

LOL, Gage does look a bit scary there;) Looks like the pool was a good investment! I too prefer to have the windows open and hear the birds chirping:) Your garden looks GREAT! We're already fighting the deer here, those blasted vermin are eatin' my spinach...ARGH!!!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Love the goggles! Ahhh for a cool fall breeze right now oh well at least the kiddo's are enjoying the pool. Looks like your going to have a very nice veggie garden :)

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Love the goggles! Ahhh for a cool fall breeze right now oh well at least the kiddo's are enjoying the pool. Looks like your going to have a very nice veggie garden :)

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

It's been very cool here the last couple of days, and looks like we won't hit the 70s until Sunday sometime! The cool weather is nice, but makes for a lousy growing season for us. I am so jealous of everyone's vegetable gardens!

Leah said...

I'm thinking a pool in my yard would be wonderful but then again in MN the weather was 90+ one day the next it was 45+ --- not good weather for a pool! Have a wonderful weekend!