Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My New Stove and a Blackberry Cobbler


I finally received my new stove on Saturday.
If you haven't read about my issues with Sears then you can read about it HERE.
My stove was scheduled to be delivered between 3-5p.m. on Saturday. However, at 8:30 that morning I received a call from them stating that they were running behind and they were booting my delivery up to 5-7p.m.
I said that's ok, we'll be here waiting.
Well 7pm came and went and still no stove.
I called Sears to find out what the problem was and they said they would contact the delivery guys.
About 45 minutes later I got a call from the delivery truck telling me that they were still 45 minutes away from my house.
Finally, around 8:30 that night they pulled up in front of the house.
I was digusted but remained polite with the men.
They claimed that Sears gives them the routes that they are to take and they are to follow them.
So what that means is that they left Pittsburgh Saturday morning and stopped in Wheeling (which is 20 minutes away from my house) and then traveled on to Ohio. I was the last stop on their return loop back to Pittsburgh. Which is also fine but both men said that they drive more miles than are really neccesary due to Sears pre-planning their routes.
Saturday they drove over 200 miles when they could have shortened it to about 150 miles. My guess is that Sears is using a computer system to plan their routes. Sometimes a little common sense gets you a whole lot farther than a computer program.
Anyways, I finally have my new stove and everything seems to be working fine. I'll continue to keep my fingers and toes crossed so that I won't have to deal with Sears anymore on this issue.
I decided to try out my new oven by making this blackberry cobbler.
Happy to say that the oven heated to the exact degree and remained there the whole time which resulted in this yummy berry treat.

Blackberry Cobbler

1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 stick butter, melted
1-2 cups blackberries

In a greased 8x8 or 11X6 baking dish, place enough berries to cover the bottom.
In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients and then pour mixture over top of the berries.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Enjoy warm with a scoop of ice cream.




8 comments:

Carmen S. said...

I can just imagine the disapointment in having to call them yet AGAIN, GOOD GRIEF! Glad you finally having a working stove again and YUM, that looks delicious, def. will be trying that;)

Sew Many Raggedies said...

Glad things worked out for you! Your cobbler looks amazing. Will have to try that one too LOL! Thank you for all your great receipes. Look forward to more.
Blessings,
~Rene~

Unknown said...

Oh the cobbler looks great... I will try this recipe...Thanks for sharing it..

Glad to hear the oven is working great...it looks so pretty..Lisa

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

So glad you got the stove and hope it stays working just right! The cobbler looks delicious!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Glad to hear you got your new stove and everything is working fine.
The cobbler looks so yummy!
Thanks for sharing.
Prim Blessings
Robin

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you finally got this resolved and have your stove! The things we have to go through and spending our money! Okay, where do I pull up a chair? You've baked my fav girlfriend! LOL. It looks sooo delicious. Hugs!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

That was a L O N G wait to get the stove - and I don't just mean the wait yesterday.

Cobbler does look very yummy.

- Joy

West Side of Straight said...

Thanks for your tip on leaving comments. It worked for me! Now happy again, like you are with finally getting a new stove that is working!
The berry dessert looks so o o good. Got try it if I can find blackberries. Spose others would work, right? Have a great weekend. Cute picture of your son in swim goggles!!
jo