Tuesday, April 12, 2016

In Our Garden - Just getting started!


As usual I am behind on yet another sewing adventure. I have been working for the last five months and that has left me with little time for sewing or blogging. Not complaining though, I really love my new job. I just have to learn to make the most of my time.
I have been following along with several, well maybe a few more than several (5 to be exact) free Block of the Month quilt and stitchery events. Each month I grab the pattern with hopes of starting on each one of them.
Sadly, I just don't have the time to work on them all....but maybe one day I'll get to all of them. 
For now, I'm trying to catch up with the "In Our Garden" BOM from Sew Incredibly Crazy.
It's so fun to work on and since Spring is in the air it is the perfect project.
I machine stitched my first block in blue and white.


The second block I have hand stitched. This little frog and flower was so fun to put together. 

I'm ready to begin on the next two blocks. I just need to pick my fabrics out and get started. I'm digging into my fabric stash as well as scraps for this one. It's hard to decide whether to coordinate all my fabrics or mix it all up with the many scraps that I have.

To be continued...

No comments: